Malaga living in spain Spain

Malaga living in spain Spain

Contact Viva-Malaga Advertise Malaga Costa del Sol Directory  
 Members Sign In
User ID
(forgot password

6599 Members
43 People online

 Search Viva

Alicante Almeria
Granada Murcia

 Directory & Services
 Malaga Map
Malaga Forums
Malaga Reviews
What's on in Malaga
Malaga Travel Mate
Spanish Phrase Book
TV Guide

Contact Us
Web Sites
Estate & Rental Agents

 Sponsored Links

Go Back or Living in Spain in up to Malaga Living in Spain

Driving in Spain, Malaga Living in Spain 

Driving in Spain

Member Reviews

Not yet reviewed [Add your own review]


If You drive a car in Spain you must have the following:

2 Warning Triangles
1 Luminous Jacket
Spare Glasses if you wear them
1 First Aid Kit

It is also advised to have a fire extinguisher fixed in a prominent place
A Fire Extinguisher is mandatory in a commercial vehicle


You may o­nly drive in Spain with a UK driving license in a Spanish car and you are non resident IF IT IS STAMPED in Almería at Trafico with your permanent address
If it is the old pink paper type you must attach a photo to it

The new EU driving license with a photo card
Both the paper part and the photo card must be carried
It is proposed that from this year but as yet is not in effect that it will be mandatory to be resident and have a Spanish driving license before purchasing a new or second-hand car.


Can be obtained through you Gestor or Lawyer or easily yourself in Trafico in Almería
The following is needed:
1 copy of both sides of UK driving license plus original
1 copy of residencia plus original
1 copy of passport plus original

Cost 16.20€ at present at the Trafico in Almería


You may o­nly drive a UK vehicle for a maximum of o­ne year before it has to be imported into Spain if you live here permanently (more than 183 days of the year)
The vehicle must be in possession of current tax and MOT
However it is possible to MOT (ITV) a foreign vehicle but a Spanish ITV certificate is o­nly valid in the UK for 3 months

Vehicle tax is paid through your local Town Hall. But at present there is some debate as to whether this is mandatory, some town halls allow and some don’t

Ask for leaflet o­n the Foreigner and the Car in Spain for details of importing a vehicle

You must at all times carry the original papers of the following:

Your Insurance Certificate
Tarjeta Inspección Tecnica de Vehículos ITV (MOT)
Permiso de Circulación ( car paperwork)
Your Driving License

Not all Insurance Companies cover driving in Gibraltar


Tax is about 70 to 900Euros
ITV at Lorca is about 250Euros

For Malaga living in spain Spain, search no longer. is the comprehensive information directory covering every aspect of this beautiful region of Malaga Spain. Find living in spain Malaga information and so much more.
Copyright, Total Viva Ltd. 2003 to 2017. Please read our terms and conditions
Page Generation: 0.099 Seconds
Living in Spain in Malaga, Malaga Living in Spain Spain
Malaga living in spain Spain, Malaga Spain
Site Map