Malaga living in spain Spain

Malaga living in spain Spain

Contact Viva-Malaga Advertise Malaga Costa del Sol Directory  
 Members Sign In
User ID
(forgot password

6599 Members
28 People online

 Search Viva

Alicante Almeria
Granada Murcia

 Directory & Services
 Malaga Map
Malaga Forums
Malaga Reviews
What's on in Malaga
Malaga Travel Mate
Spanish Phrase Book
TV Guide

Contact Us
Web Sites
Estate & Rental Agents

 Sponsored Links

Go Back or Living in Spain in up to Malaga Living in Spain

Residency, Malaga Living in Spain 


Member Reviews

Not yet reviewed [Add your own review]


If you are living in Spain permanently (more than 183 days per year) it is advisable that you apply or “ Residencia”

Why residencia is recommended:

-     If you own a property in Spain and are not resident, the authorities retain 5% tax upon the sale of your property. N.B. If the property is in more than o­ne name it is 5% per person, as stated in the escritura. If you are resident, no money is retained and you have two years in which to reinvest the money before it is taxed.
-     At present, if you are not resident and are stopped (whilst driving) by the Guardia Civil, you must be able to produce either originals, or certified copies, of passport, UK driving license, NIE documentation, empadronamiento. If you are resident you need o­nly produce your residencia card

The o­nly exemptions to this rule at this time (Jan 04) are:-

-     Persons working for Spanish companies
-     Students
- Persons with rights to a permanent stay in Spain e.g. people married to a
Spanish citizen who have taken up Spanish citizenship.

The above is taken from article 6 of the royal decree 178-2003

However, also mentioned in the royal decree is the proposal to abolish the residents permit for retired citizens and their family members.

In recent months, getting your residencia has been simplified – you now o­nly need the following:

-     Passport – original and certified copy*
-     NIE number
- 4 passport size photographs
- Names of Mother and Father
- If your residencia has expired then the original is required, plus a certified
photocopy ( copia compulsada)

It can be obtained through:-

-     A lawyer or Gestor
-     Attend in Almeria personally C/Alcalde Muñoz, N°40 (Dependencias Cuerpo Nacional de Policia)

*As the original documents can be away for some weeks, we recommend that you take these to your local Town Hall and ask for a “ Copia Compulsada” which is a certified photocopy. These can then be used in place of your original documents, except for travelling abroad, until the originals are returned to you.

For Malaga living in spain Spain, search no longer. is the comprehensive information directory covering every aspect of this beautiful region of Malaga Spain. Find living in spain Malaga information and so much more.
Copyright, Total Viva Ltd. 2003 to 2017. Please read our terms and conditions
Page Generation: 0.101 Seconds
Living in Spain in Malaga, Malaga Living in Spain Spain
Malaga living in spain Spain, Malaga Spain
Site Map